Re: [IPu] British Situation ?

As far as I'm aware, the basic infusion sets are provided free (Sofset
etc), but not the more advanced ones (like UltraFlex etc).

The patient contacts the supplier (presuming they have approval through
their health board for supplies, which is granted by a Consultant [endo]),
and the supplies are sent to the patient and the bill is sent to the health

Things like insulin, the script is held at the chemist (where a script is
held at all, often you just need your NHS card) to be given insulin across
the counter. The same applies to syringes, needles, testing strips (even
meters) etc.

If we only get ONE thing that they have, I would love to not have to get
prescriptions constantly for basic supplies like insulin and BP medication.

One of our mailing list group here is actually from the UK (Heather) and
has only been here for about 18mths. Heather and I spoke on the phone last
week, lovely lady! She may well be able to clarify some of these things
better than I can.