Re: [IPu] Planning a Survey ... continued 19/3

You've been busy Janette!

I'll get in contact with Kate tomorrow, but I'm sure she won't have a
problem with publicising any survey that eventuates. Equally, when it's
ready to go, I will throw it up on my site without a problem (helps being
the boss sometimes!).

I'd be very interested to see how many free syringes are given to IV drug
users per annum across the nation (although I know this is State based ..
or pretty sure it is?), as compared to the number of diabetics who are
registered with NDSS and are insulin dependent, and the number of pumpers
in Australia. I doubt there is any centralised record of pumper's numbers,

"The NDSS aims to enhance the capacity of people with diabetes to
understand and manage their life with diabetes and to ensure they have
timely, reliable and affordable access to the supplies and services they
require to effectively self-manage their condition."
Surely we can use this to our advantage somehow? Personally, I'd be dead by
now if I wasn't pumping, or at least blind, and I'm sure there are others
out there who would have nowhere near the same quality of life of longevity
prospect on MDI - yet we can hardly say we have "affordable access to the
supplies" required to maintain our diabetic health right now.

According the the DA page, free syringes are available nationwide now (due
to agreements signed by each state/territory government with DA)... I
wonder what the cost breakdown is? And I wonder how much each State
Government puts towards this funding ... and again, I wonder what DA are
doing with the funding they had for syringe supply now it's no longer used!?

Too much wondering ... it must be about my bedtime!