[IPu] Further Thoughts about a Survey

Hi All,

A few more thoughts about a survey .....

I thought a survey could be issued 2 ways.

1.  On line.  Use IP- AUS so you could just go in and complete it and return
it.  Ask "Reality Check" and "Pump AUS" to list it as well ?

2.  Through major teaching hospitals, across the country.  eg.In NSW:
Liverpool; Royal Prince Alfred; Prince of Wales and Westmead / Westmead
Childrens Hospital all have Diabetes Units with Pump Users.

I know that the 2 major Teaching Hospitals in Perth and one of the Hospitals
in Melbourne have Pumpers.  (I know there are others ... but I live in NSW
.... help me out) !!!!

The value of getting Hospitals to issue, is the larger numbers of Pump Users
and (maybe) getting Hospitals to issue surveys to users ?

Do you know the names of Hospitals / Educators /Endos and phone numbers I
could contact ???

I think some values of a survey would be:

- Numbers.  Just being able to obtain 100 - 200 responses about the same
- Advantages  The abilty to document what people saw as the advantage of Pump
use to them (better BG control; better quality life / health).  More chance of
surviving until "the cure" ... whenever !!!
- Comparison  The opportunity to obtain data comparing 2 different methods of
Insulin Delivery.  (Life and control on injections versus pumps).

We could obtain all this from people who ACTUALLY USE PUMPS and have "real
life" experience in Australia !!!!

Just a few thoughts please add your own  ........

Warm Regards,