Re: [IPu] Equity re Syringes ..... Survey ????

I agree absolutely! (I am in Qld, incidentally). We should *definitely* get
more subsidisation than we currently get... it seems to me that we are
discriminated against for wanting to have better control (and by
extrapolation by using less of the public health dollar over time).. and
that doesn't even consider the quality of life issue!

I have a few contacts in Canberra (mainly due to my site, which you and I
shared very brief emails about some little while ago, and which we are
hoping to gain some funding for some time this month ... but it has to go
to Federal Parliament, so you never know!) and I have been assured that
co-payments (ie. the amounts pump users will have to pay for supplies)
*have* been agreed on, but there is a typical bottle-neck in actually
getting it all through the system.

I do not want to get political here, but I am fairly certain that recent
world events will deflect attention of Parliamentarians from our issues (or
other domestic issues)... which is unfortunate indeed.

Perhaps you and I together (and any others with a desire!) can formulate a
lobbying letter to be sent to politicians to push not only for pump
consumables on NDSS, but also to push for  equality in simple supplies,
such as reservoirs/syringes? It should be reasonably easy to publicise and
make available at a variety of sites for people to use, if we can come up
with something useful. I know some letters along these lines are already
available at some sites, but the sites appear to be quite static, so I am
unsure of their worthiness. Perhaps Alan has an opinion on this, or can
supply some webspace?

I suspect I am raving, but I am very passionate about it, I can assure you!
($5K I can't really spare has been spent on my website, yep, you bet I'm
passionate!). Please let me know if/how I can help, because I'm right with
you on this .... and anyone else? Please give ideas/suggestions/criticisms
on this! Let's get this list happening! This is an issue that affects all
of us, and I refuse to accept you are all sheep (not that there's anything
*wrong* with sheep ...) You are all clever enough to have pumps, share your

Tori (hopping off her soapbox... at least for just now ...)