Re: [IPu] Continuous BG monitoring

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Wamstekers"
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [IPu] Continuous BG monitoring

> I will let you know what happens, Anne.
> I know what you mean about the hormonal changes!!!! I have been on the
pump 2
> years and still haven't got it right with the balancing act. How much do
> increase by? and is it only at night, or all day too?
> Lynette Wamsteker

Pre menstrual I usually increase day and night by one unit, this usually
works but sometimes I need to increase by 2 units, that for similar reasons
to you I am not keen on doing at night so the two unit increase I would
usually only do for day time basals.  At the start of menstrual cycle sugars
come down rapidly and I go back to normal for the next couple of weeks.
Although I am not always clockwork anymore so it is still trial and error
some months!

I am also trying to lose weight at the moment so my basal levels need
adjusting, as my insulin requirements are less now I am eating less, extra
work but my levels have been better all round.

My daily insulin needs have just about been halved since using the pump.
Has your insulin amount changed much in the two years?

Type 1, 11 years
Pumper, 10 months