  From: tazzie
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 5:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [IPu] Continuous BG monitoring

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "The Wamstekers"
  Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 2:27 PM

  > >From what I gather (and I haven't been able to talk to a hospital
contact
  > yet), it isn't a wrist one but rather a machine slighter larger than the
  pump,
  > that is inserted by a nurse educator into the abdomen (again like the
  pump).
  > It takes readings every 5 minutes for 3 days (so I will be wearing 2
  machines
  > for that time!) and after removal the readings are downloaded on a
  computer,
  > graphed out and sent back to the Dr. (I can't see the readings while they
  are
  > being taken).
  >
  > I'm hoping that it too will sort out my night time basal rates. One of
the
  > reasons I went on the pump is that it was suspected I dropped too low
  during
  > the night, sleeping through it, and rebounding anywhere between 15 and 20
  in
  > the morning (leaving me with a bad headache, blurred vision and feeling
  weak
  > and tired all day). The pump has certainly improved that, but I'm hoping
  the
  > monitor will help me refine my night basals with more confidence. (At the
  > moment I know I'm running too high overnight, but I'm too scared to
  increase
  > the insulin in case I return to the days of sleeping through hypo's.)

  Scary thought isnt it!?
  Another factor to deal with is hormonal changes through out the month,
these
  make me have to change night basals more often than I do the day rates.
  Certainly much easier to control using the pump but still difficult at
  times:(

  Thanks for the info, I hope you keep us informed of the results ..
  Anne
  Type 1, 11 years
  Pumper, 1 months