Re: [IPu] Continuous BG monitoring

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Reed"
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: [IPu] Continuous BG monitoring

> Lynette,
> Re Continuous BG monitoring whilst I have not been tested with it the
> general feeling is that it is a very useful tool for checking that your
> basals and testing routine is sound. There are some questions raised re
> accuracy of the results obtained but they are more than accurate enough to
> give valuable confirmation, or otherwise, re for example your overnight
> Basals. People who have been tested have frequently found that they have
> been going low or high during the night and have slept through it.

Night time seems to be the time I am most inconsistant so it sounds like a
great way to see what is happening.
A few nights this week I have gone low around 3 am then  up to around 13 by
7 am.  Annoying considering I have been able to get much better morning
results since using the pump.  I have altered my night basals and today I
was 4.5 at 6am, so hopefully I have them set ok now:-]

> The one disadvantage is that you have to wear it on your wrist virtually
> hours a day and you cannot just look  at it to see what your BG is.

So how does this work, when and how do you get the results?

Anne Type 1, 11 years
Pumper 10 Months