RE: [IPu] I finally did it

Hi Fiona,
Your email really made me smile!  It sure changes your life when your BGs
start to level out.  You feel so much better; more energy; less mood swings
And more in control of your life.

I remember the first weeks on a Pump. I would leave the house then "panic" I
had forgot my insulin, only to remember it was in the Pump in my pocket !
In the first month I occasionally felt like throwing it against the wall.
But in a few weeks I just forgot about it......

Rotating sites is important.  I use my lower stomach; hips and buttocks ...
don't have much luck with leg sites but everyone is different...
I mirror image my sites.  So I put up a site on my right side then the next
on my left side.  Then move to another spot and do the same, that way I get
weeks before I'm back to the original site.  If you go into the main IP web
site; they have a diagram of suggested site placements.

It's worth owning "Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts 4th
Edition.  It will help you look at patterns of BGs; setting and resetting
basals and bolus' and lots of other things...  Again, you can buy it through
the IP website which has a link to www.Amazon.com it's much cheaper to buy
from the US than in NZ or AUS.

Try different infusions till you find what suits you best.  If your sites
don't last long and the insulin is stinging, you could have an allergy /
sensitivity to that particular fast acting Insulin.  Consider trying the
other fast acting Insulin if the stinging continues.

Glad after 19 years you "took the plunge".... it took me much longer!

Warm Regards,
Janette