[IPu] I finally did it

Well here goes, hopefully this gets through as it is the first time I have
done this.

I started on the pump last Monday and it is great!!  Totally love it.

Had a few problems with the sets not lasting more than two days and major
stinging from the insulin.  I have sorted that out by not putting the sets
anywhere near my abdomin, since I have been injuecting there for the last 19
and a half years.  Best place I have found is top of the buttocks.  Yesterday
my BGs ranged from 3.9mmol to 9.7mmol.  For me that is amazingly stable.
Before I was ranging from 2.2mmol (with no symptoms) up to 19mmol easily.

It is an interesting journey at the moment, since I seem to know more than my
Diabetes nurse, who has never dealt with a pump.

Fiona
Dxd Oct 1988, was on at least 5 injection per day
Pumping 9 June 2008
H-Tron plus