RE: [IPu] FW: [IPp] Dexcom CMGS

Hi Kristy,
Not a bit blonde ... if you don't ask you never know !
The Dexcom is a separate unit.  You wear a sensor a bit like an infusion,
and the transmitter "reads" the results .. which are about 15 -20 minutes
behind what a BG reading would be (that's the theory anyway).  Tall the CGMS
systems have separate transmitters.

Try :  www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_technology/continuous-monitoring.php

Pretty sure that's the link.

I have read some previous research that found the Medtronic CGMS was less
accurate at the top and bottom of the BG range.  As I said, they are all
pretty finicky systems and you really have to learn how to use them and
understand their variations.  I think it would be smart to try out / read as
much as possible before purchasing this technology.  It's expensive and none
of it is funded by private Health Insurance.  There is also the issue of two
infusion sites.
Warm Regards,
Janette
PS Congrats on getting your HBA1C under 7 .... sometimes it can be hard
work. In any case we are all different.  Just do the best you can; then get
up in the morning and give it another go !!