[IPu] Fw: [IP] Diabetes Health

From: "maverickmom (Kerri)" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Diabetes Health

There was a guy at our church a few years ago who noticed Shannon's pump and
even knew what it was, so we started talking diabetes-shop. He said he "used
have" diabetes, was even on insulin because it was so severe, but that he
didn't
have it anymore because he had lost a lot of weight, thus, no longer needed
meds
or insulin. He said he just watched what he ate now. Being new there (and
not
wanting to rock the boat), I didn't say a whole lot, but really wanted to.
:) He
asked when Shannon would be able to go off insulin and I told him never,
unless
a cure is found, since she is type 1/autoimmune, and as such, she would die
if I
took her off insulin since she doesn't make any. I'm always nice about it,
but
very factual.

Take care, Kerri - proud mom of 8 in western OR :)
 http://www.myspace.com/txgrits1965
"Work hard, live simply, give liberally, save wisely." - John Coblentz,
Christian Family Living

Stacey said:
The editor had made a statement about diet and exercise being a cure for
type 2. I merely pointed out that such was not the case. There is a
difference
between controlling the disease with diet and exercise (which the  vast
majority of type 2s cannot do) and curing the disease.