Re: [IPu] SMH "Heckler" Article ... You Might Enjoy This ! .. Janette

 Ok I am a type one diabetic have been for 32 years of my 34yrs and yes while it
is frustrating that type 2 and type one are commonly mistaken for each other the
thing I find most offensive about the comment below is type 2 diabetes is not
always suffered by fat, lazy, pill-popping bastards I have 2 members in my
immediate family that have type 2 diabetes and none of them are fat or lazy
donut eaters as the article states below all were within healthy weight range
and very fit with extremely good diets it is just that pancreas wore out one
being my uncle who has worked very hard all of his life as a mechanic and farmer
and if anything on the lower end of average weight range and the other being my
dad who has also done the same neither were old as far as I am concerned
diagnosed in their early 60s and they are not a rareity in this case either
instead of blaming sufferers of a similar disease get in and blame the community
that should be educating the general public and government officials a bit
better such as Diabetes Australia and stress that they start notifying sufferes
that there are more than three general diabetes types that there are many more,
in this situation and catergorising types twos is the same as you are whinging
about being catergorized as far as I am concerned but if that is the way you
feel that is fine but don't drag the rest down either, the pill popping bastards
also have to do bloodtests and in some cases have to work harder at their
diabetes than a type one and I am not saying one is worse than the other just
saying no type of diabetic has smooth sailing and no one chooses to have any of
the types of diabetes who would if faced with all the side complications of any
diabetes.
Well enough from me just my thoughts.
Veronica Sorley