[IPu] Fw: [IP] bleeding infusion sites / ANSWER!!

From: "Bob Kerns" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:58 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] bleeding infusion sites / ANSWER!!

 That's not been my experience -- except for the not dying part.

I take aspirin and Plavix. My first instinct was to let any pooled blood
drain
out to avoid bruising, and clean it out a bit (in case there was an
infection causing the
prior discomfort).

After way too much blood to be purely local accumulation, and getting too
messy, I gave up and applied gentle pressure. No adverse effects, including
no major bruising.

I do still think it makes sense to let it bleed at first, but it's my
observation that if the bleeding is persistent, feel free to apply pressure.