[IPu] SMH 8/6/06" Hearts could be grown in 10 years"

  1.. Hearts could be grown in 10 years - Science - Specials - smh.com.au
  b.. ORGANS grown inside the body could replace transplants in just 10 years
after an Australian breakthrough. -
  c.. smh.com.au/news/science/.../2006/06/07/1149359820580.html
  d.. The Sydney Morning Herald: national, world, business, entertainment,
sport and technology news from Australia's ...
  ... WHITE powder, thorium oxide, could be the answer to many concerns about
nuclear power. Hearts could be grown in 10 years ...
  www.smh.com.au/specials/science

Hi All,
Had to "hit" the search engine to find the link for this article from
Thursday's
Sydney Morning Herald.  Really interesting article about Australian research
which could have tissue and organs being regrown inside humans in the
next 10 years ... Hearts and Pancreas were mentioned.

"Researchers yesterday revealed they had successfully grown heart tissue that
beats
spontaneously inside a rat.  They said the development was the first step to
growing
entire organs to replace diseased and injured body parts using a patients own
cells to
eliminate rejection"

OK, so that's the rejection issue over.  Now as long as they work out why our
own immune
systems attacked our islet cells ... we'll be there !!
10 Years .. I could live with that timeframe !!

Warm Regards,
Janette

nw2.gif]