[IPu] Fw: [IP] How to deal with long flights

From: "YVONNE Burns" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] How to deal with long flights

 Dear Stuart,

 I think that I accidentally sent you an incomplete email. Sorry.

 I will be going to China in October and I am thinking ahead.

 I contacted Animas and they agreed to send me a loaner pump to travel with
me.I have an extra glucose meter so I will take that, along with lots of
strips.
I am taking plenty of other supplies with me (including syringes and extra
insulin, extra Comfort Sets etc). On the flight, I am going to check my
blood
sugar zillions of times and adjust accordingly. I also purchased a "frio"
pack (
you soak it in cold water and it stays cool for days) to keep my things cool
in
in case of heat.

 I don't know what is available there but I am not counting on anything. I
don't speak the language so I don't know how I could communicate my medical
needs unless someone speaks English. Also, I was told to bring prescriptions
for
insulin, syringes, strips etc. with me.

 If I think of anything else, I'll tell you. If you come up with anything
else,
I would welcome any input from you!

 Have a wonderful, safe and healthy trip!
 --Yvonne