From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of Janette Dunn
Sent: Friday, 2 June 2006 6:41 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPu] Fw: [IP] Re: Does diet pop make you go low?

From: "Elizabeth Blake" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Does diet pop make you go low?

> At 09:00 AM 6/1/2006, you wrote:
>I listened to a nutritionist who claims that diet pop makes us fat and
>here is her explaination:  She says when you drink diet pop, your taste
>buds signal to your brain that something sweet is coming (because of
>the sweet taste).  Your brain signals your pancreas to put out insulin
>to cover the "sweet" food.  Because there is no carbs to cover, our
>blood sugar levels drop causing us to get hungry and actually overeat.
>Now, if this is true, wouldn't we notice a blood level drop after
>drinking diet pop since we check our levels all the time?  So, my
>question is... do any of you notice feeling low after drinking a diet
>beverage?
>Thanks,
>Barb .

 My pancreas makes no insulin, so I don't see how drinking diet soda could
cause me to go low.  I have never felt weird after drinking diet soda, and
there was a time where I would drink several 20 oz bottles at work, and
drink a quart of Crystal Light at home.

 I've cut way back and mostly have water now but I still have a few  diet
drinks each week.

 Liz
 Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed Paradigm 715 5/2005