[IPu] Fw: [IP] thyroid disorders

From: "Valerie Kushnerov" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 6:05 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] thyroid disorders

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after I gave birth to my first child.
My doctors had been watching it for a while because I had low energy.  Since
then (8 years), I've been on thyroid meds.  I still feel tired a lot
(particularly in the afternoons) and yet my thyroid levels are within the
"normal" range.  Because I started on meds soon after I had a baby, I didn't
see a drastic difference (what new mom is not tired and needing to lose
weight!)  My doctors continually tell me that I'm tired because I'm a mom of
two grade schoolers, one with special needs, and because I am very active.
I tell them I've active so that I won't take naps every day.  The
conversations continue ... Now they're going to test me for PCOS.  I think
that hypothyroidism is easy to detect and treat and the change happens
within a month or so.

 Good luck!
Valerie
Goleta, CA