[IPu] Fw: [IP] thyroid disorders

From: "elizabeth blake" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 5:29 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] thyroid disorders

 -----Original Message-----
>Hello all, I was wondering if anyone here has hypothyroidism? I know
>diabetes and thyroid disorders are pretty comon especially if your a
>female. I have an appoint. with a new endo. on the 19th and because of
>many symptoms of hypo. thyroidism I have, I want to get checked out. Can
>anyone tell me a little about it? Did it take a while to get the correct
>diagnosis? Thanks
>
>Tanya
I'm hypothyroid. My previous primary care doctor diagnosed me, based on a
lab
test I guess. I had gained a lot of weight and was always tired but
attributed
that to other factors (which were most likely part of the problem as well).
never thought about my thyroid being the cause because, well, I never
thought
about my thyroid! My doctor told me that once I had been taking my
medication
(Levoxyl) for awhile I'd start to feel better but I never did. I started at
50,
then 75 and now I'm at 100mcg. I *do* feel better now but that's only
because
some other issues were cleared up and I lost a lot of weight this past year.
I've been taking the Levoxyl for 6 or 7 years now.

Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed Paradigm 715 5/2005