[IPu] Fw: [IP] thyroid disorders

From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 5:33 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] thyroid disorders

 I was diagnosed with hypo back in 2003 after a hospital stay. I gained 25
lbs
in about 4 months. My endo caught on right away and got me on Levoxyl. Took
care
of it. Had to go through several meds adjustments until we got the righ
amount.
Weight fell off and all other symptoms diminished gradually over about six
months. Be careful until you get your meds just right; too much or not
enough
can cause adverse reactions. I was on too much for awhile and overstimulated
my
thyroid gland and went the opposite route; lost too much weight, pale skin
bg's
shooting all over the place. Had to stop taking the meds until we got
everything
back to even and started again. I can tell you it ain't fun!