[IPu] Fw: [IP] Re: Does diet pop make you go low?

From: "Bob Kerns" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 3:29 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Does diet pop make you go low?

 She's refering to the early insulin response to food. A real phenomenon,
though
I doubt she can back
up her conclusion that it makes you fat with any solid scientific evidence.
Besides the "overeat"
signal is countered both by counter-regulatory hormones and volume
displacement
from the volume of
soda (and CO2), so it's not as simple as all that -- and probably varies
between people and by
circumstance.

Frankly, I think all the volume of diet soda I use to wash down the huge
pharmacopia of pills I take
about 10x/day may contribute to my difficulties putting on weight and
keeping
it on!

But the early insulin response is one of the first things to go in diabetes,
even type 2, so
probably the only people on this list this has any relevance to are
non-diabetic caretakers.