[IPu] Fw: [IP] Re: Does diet pop make you go low?

From: "Elizabeth Blake" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Does diet pop make you go low?

> At 09:00 AM 6/1/2006, you wrote:
>I listened to a nutritionist who claims that diet pop makes us fat
>and here is her explaination:  She says when you drink diet pop,
>your taste buds signal to your brain that something sweet is coming
>(because of the sweet taste).  Your brain signals your pancreas to
>put out insulin to cover the "sweet" food.  Because there is no
>carbs to cover, our blood sugar levels drop causing us to get hungry
>and actually overeat.  Now, if this is true, wouldn't we notice a
>blood level drop after drinking diet pop since we check our levels
>all the time?  So, my question is... do any of you notice feeling
>low after drinking a diet beverage?
>Thanks,
>Barb .

 My pancreas makes no insulin, so I don't see how drinking diet soda
could cause me to go low.  I have never felt weird after drinking
diet soda, and there was a time where I would drink several 20 oz
bottles at work, and drink a quart of Crystal Light at home.

 I've cut way back and mostly have water now but I still have a few
 diet drinks each week.

 Liz
 Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed Paradigm 715 5/2005