[IPu] Info on Accu-chek Spirit pump?

Hi Guys,

Due to the fiasco with the batteries for the D-Tron I have been contacted by
Roche and offered the choice of a new battery every two weeks until the pump
warranty expires ( not sure this is sufficient ), or a no cost loan of an
Accu-chek spirit pump until the original D-Tron warranty runs out.

Now this seems like an opportunity to get to know a new pump but I am
wondering if there are any problems that the IP community could tell me
about.

One of the problems is that I can't find an online copy of the manual, makes
it very difficult to appraise the features or lack thereof with the 'spirit'
and the advertising blurb on their site lacks any details whatsoever.

So, anybody using the 'spirit'? Has anyone changed to the 'spirit' and
regretted it? And if so, why?

Any Info would be appreciated.

Cheers, Kim

PS  Had the H-Tron before this , so refilling cartridges is not a problem.

name of winmail.dat]