[IPu] Fw: [IP] CGMS and reasonable post prandials

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Kerns" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:42 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] CGMS and reasonable post prandials

 It's certainly my belief that the peaks do more harm than just the amount
indicated by the A1c.
However, some studies I've seen have looked at glucose variability and
cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, and retinopathy, and did NOT
find a connection, so overall, I'd have to say the jury is out.

Small studies, such as this one (n=21), that look at proxy markers, don't
really answer the really big questions of "how harmful is it?".
They suggest HOW harm could be being done.

That's good enough reason for me to want to keep my peaks as low as
feasible,
but it's not enough to sound the alarm.