[IPu] Fw: [IP] Type 1.5 or LADA

From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Type 1.5 or LADA

 Hi Shirley -

I was 33 when I was diagnosed as Type 1 - I had lost nearly 65 pounds in the
previous year and was constantly thirsty.  The last week my voice was very
raspy and I could hardly talk.  I had no energy and was always ravenous.  My
vision was getting blurry and my fasting was 367.  Sound familiar?

I kept waiting for my 'honeymoon' period to be over, but about 6 months
after
my diagnosis, I went to a new endo and he thought I might have had the
honeymoon before I was even diagnosed. It's been 20 years since I was
diagnosed and I never had that honeymoon - so either he was right or I just
never had one!

Good luck - and that 6.7 a1c sounds good to me - not much room for
improvement!

 Deb