[IPu] queries from Jill Quinn

Maize

   Dear Jill,

   Using a pump

   I received my first pump when I was 69 years old.

   I have had it, my second one, for 5 years - not hard to work out that one
   I am 74 years old.    I have had the dread diabetes since I was a child.

   Before pump times I was on 5 shots a day  - one at 4 a.m. which did not
   do much for my sleep pattern.   Life is so  much easier.

   Regarding hypos, when on the pump the insulin used is an Actrapid - I use
   Humulog.   The reason for my hypos, or most of them, was the long lasting
   insulin which I was on before pump times.   I still get them but not as
many
   as previously.       People might disagree with me but we all have
different
   stories.     I must tell you that I am not a decrepit old lady, I still
enjoy life.
   Have a few age lines but who doesn't at this age.

   Go for it Jill and have much success.

    Doris  Millar.

amaizrul.gif]

Maize Bkgrd.jpg]