Re: [IPu] Qns from Jill Quinn ... Can you help ?

Hi Jill,
I started pumping insulin @ 52yrs of age (4 years ago) after 45 years of
injecting and have never regretted a day of it.
I had lost all warning signs of hypo's and was having
at least 6 hypos per week and often hospitalised as a result. Since using a
pump, I haven't been admitted to hospital for anything diabetes-related and
while my hypo awareness hasn't completely returned, I can often suss them
out myself before they really get a hold - due mainly to the fact that I am
testing more regularly than when I was injecting - hence I catch a low
before it catches me!
If I were you I would "go" for the opportunity of using a pump if/when it
presents irself...life has never felt this great for me and for the very
first time in my life with diabetes, I feel that I am able to achieve
anything and do things without the restrictions that were upon me prior to
pumping....e,g, sleeping in if I feel like it, not eating if I'm not
hungry -and most of all,  the freedom my pump has given my family is
priceless.
I hope you find the support you are looking for when reading our comments on
this board and I can assure you that (from my experience) everyone here will
be more than helpful with any further questions that you might put forward.

Good luck

Gail