RE: [IPu] Qns from Jill Quinn ... Can you help ?

Hi Jill

To answer your questions. It has certainly reduced my nocturnal hypos - I
only get one every 4 months or so, and that is usually my own fault.

The length of time since diagnosis I consider to be entirely irrelevant. I
was 16 years after diagnosis before I started pumping.

Age is also entirely irrelevant. I was 65 when I started pumping  and a half
years ago. I would not consider going back to MDI unless it was absolutely
necessary.

Hope that answer your questions for you.

Chris
dx 88 pumping 04  Animas IR1200

Subject: [IPu] Qns from Jill Quinn ... Can you help ?

Hi All,
Before the computer crashed out ... I "spoke with Jill "off line" to see if
there was anything specific she wanted to know about, in terms of
considering
a Pump ?

Jill has a lot "on her plate" at present ... she is on leave caring for a
family member who is extremely ill.
So .. Jill may have time to read our comments but is probably pretty
involved
in other matters, to be "chatting" much  ...

Maybe you can let Jill know your experiences ... ?

Has an Insulin Pump reduced your Hypos much ?

Is 22 years with T1 and "over 21" too old to consider a Pump ?

.... Now I have told Jill that I was over 21 (just a little) when I started
Pumping ... but I'm sure she wants many more independent experiences to
ponder
!

If you can provide some of your experiences about these issues ... that
would
be great !!

Warm Regards,

Janette