[IPu] Fw: [IP] inhaled insulin and the pending Veto

From: "Eric Haskins" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:13 PM
Subject: [IP] inhaled insulin and the pending Veto

 Inhaled insulin is just a different means of delivery, simple as that, how
it
works, how basals are set etc, probably will be EXTREMELY different than
they
are now. inhaled insulin would allow someone who is diabetic to uptake
insulin
faster than a simple injection. Diffusion of insulin through the injection
site
(or pump infusion site) has it's limits ( the reason why people have to
change
the sites after 3-4 days or so) Diffusion through the lungs to the blood
system
would allow absorption of insulin much quicker than through infusion or
injection, as such I believe that it may help some people.....no reason to
poo
poo it.

As for the Pending Veto, I am also torn; I have not been diabetic nearly as
long as some for sure, and I must admit I don't know a ton about stem cell
research. I know the basics about them, but I also know that they have been
using adult stem cells in other countries to do the same thing they want the
embryonic cells for...yes research is important....just not sure at this
point.
Sorry to disappoint people who REALLY wants this.

I too will be waiting to see what comes of the current lines of stem cells
first...

 Hope you all are well

 Eric