[IPu] Fw: [IP] Re: Is anyone using inhaled insulin? Opinions?

From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Is anyone using inhaled insulin? Opinions?

> I don't think it makes sense even for people who won't want to take
> injections as they would still need basal coverage, and the inhaled
> insulin can't accomplish that one.

> Margo

>  I think this inhaled isulin thing is half-baked. I think there's a
> small
> minority of people for whom
>  needles are too scarey and are putting off going on insulin, but
> otherwise it
 doesn't make a lot of
> sense.

The general consensus of those familiar with diabetes is that inhaled
insulin is a red herring that people that do not understand insulin
think will solve all the problems of needle-phobic insulin users. The
real bottom line is that needle poking insulin users would rather have
a convient injection that works than carry a 'bong' and have it work
some of the time. The financial analysts looking at the prospects for
inhaled insulin are focused on the needle phobic part primarily because
most people dislike shots. It's the same old story -- little public
 knowledge or understanding of the real problems associated with
diabetes. sigh....

Michael