[IPu] Fw: [IP] Cataract surgery

From: "Dawn Foss Emerick" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 4:28 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Cataract surgery

 Lisa Ann,
I just had to add my two cents worth here.   I had cataract surgery two
years ago this fall.  I kept putting it off and off because I was so nervous
about it.  Finally when I could hardly see my husband said I shouldn't drive
the car with my toddler grandson in it.  That was it...scheduled it in the
next available opening.  My doctor was great.  I was actually out of the
operating room in 25 minutes.  Didn't know a thing that went on.  It was
done early AM and by that afternoon I could see so much better...couldn't
believe how vivid the colors were.  I scheduled my other eye two weeks
later.  Make sure your doc doesn't use stitches to hold the lens in place.
That is very old school.  My doc just cleared out the blurry stuff and
slipped in the lens.  Try not to be nervous...it's really a piece of cake.

 Good luck and let us know how you make out.

 Regards,

 Dawn Foss Emerick
Type 1 48 years
Pumping 6