[IPu] For those interested in active sports

This was included in the Main List V6 492.
Would someone care to check this out and send there comments to ip-aus and
Alan Reed Admin

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:11:07 -0500
From: "Babs Moffett" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Kayaking
You wrote:
Are there any whitewater freaks on this list?  Or anyone who does any kind
of extended vigorous activity using the pump?
I recently obtained a Paradigm to help alleviate my anxiety about
hypoglycemai and the need to run purposefully high BG while on the river.
I'm looking for advice on  how best to manage this--Guy

Get the book The Diabetic Athlete by Sherrie Colberg.  It's great.  It has
information on how to handle just about every sport imaginable.  It has
suggestions for those on MDI and IP.  Sherrie holds a PHD in exercise
physiology and has been a diabetic since age 4. It has information in
general on Training for Fitness, Balancing Exercise and BS, Suppliments and
Eating for exercise, Guidelines for Type 1 & 2 Diabetics.  Then in goes into
specific endurance, power, fitness and recreational sports.  It's everything
I'd been looking for and more.
    (I just finished my second sprint triathlon today!)

Babs Moffett
Diabetic 37yr pumping 2 years