[IPu] Extract from V6 491

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:46:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bonnie Kriese <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] I am SOOOOO Happy!!!!

Thanks for writing. Glad you're doing so well. You tried Lantus then and it
didn't work for you as well? I'm 46, type 1 diagnosed 4-1/2 years ago.
Starting on insulin in the pump 8/8. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

  email @ redacted wrote: Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you guys know that getting an insulin pump and
subbing to this list has turned me into a D success story-My last Ha1c was
6.1, and it was so EASY Vs trying to keep under 7.0 on MDI !!
My pre pump A1c on lantus was 7.0 with lots of major lows and highs, 1 month
post pump start I was 6.6, three months later, 6.1 <>! My Endo asked me
how my hands were, were they tingling or painful? You know what, I have not
had any pain in my hands for the past 2 or 3 months, I am truly amazed, I
think I may have had reversal of nerve damage!
The support and training I received from Animas helped so much, my rep and
trainer are there when I need them, answering questions and helping when
can. I am sure other pump companies are great as well, but I really think
Animas went over and beyond for me and my family. As for the list, well, I
not post all that frequently, but thank you all who do post and offer your
experiences, the wisdom and support I have gained from the posts on this
is phenomenal .
Anyone who is on MDI and considering a pump, go for it, once you get your
basals down, and you figure your insulin carb ratio, you will be amazed at
the difference you can expect in your life!
I know there are many many people here who do better than I, and some who
try so hard and have not so great results, but I just wanted to share my
success, as I feel you all are big part of the reason for it!
Thanks for being here!!!!!
Jacky D.