[IPu] Extracts from V6 483

If you would like to respond to these do so through ip-aus.
Alan Reed

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:30:56 EDT
From: Sherry Compton <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Reservoirs

I also re-use my reservoirs, but usually only once or twice. I have to
every three days because I use around 90 units per day, plus I usually get
site irritation around that time anyway.  I have sometimes lasted 4 days on
one site.
I wish I could use the less insulin.  I would love to be able to fit the
reservoir completely inside the pump so that nothing pokes at me (MM 508),
I don't like having to mess with premature refills and I can't seem to get
insulin usage much lower unless I just don't eat.
I guess you can't have it both ways.  If you want a small pump, you can't
a large full reservoir inside.   sigh...

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
Who thinks it would be cool not to have a pokey reservoir

Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:41:03 -0400
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Kids and Pumps

I'm always amazed at the positive feedback parents get about putting their
kids on pumps-  My question is how do these kids not run out of usable area?
I'm 39 and squeeze to find a clear spot free of swelling and/or soreness- I
can not imagine what a 5 year old goes through-  Does their age make them
somewhat immune to site swelling/irritation?  I read one posting from a Mom
who claimed her child only has a small red mark after a site change- How do
kids do it or are the kids I read about here an exception rather than the
rule- Trying not to be insulting here but whets up with kids and pump