From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Parents & Children with Type 1

I am sure this has been asked before but I will ask again.
I have been Type 1 since I was 5 years old. I am now 26 and thinking
 of having children. Has there been a study on how many children have
 gotten type 1 if oneof there parents have it?

Sarah Roscoe

 For maternal transmitted risks of T1, see:

 http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/faqs.shtml#general
second link
"Various risk factors for Type 1 diabetes"

scroll down to
 "FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH INCREASED RISK OF TYPE 1 DIABETES"
in the article

 Children of diabetic mothers are less likely to develop type 1 diabetes
 than children of diabetic fathers, and the risk in mothers is less than
 the expected risk based on their HLA status. The mean life table risk
 of diabetes in offspring of diabetic mothers and fathers in one study
 was 1.3 (mothers) and 6.1% (fathers), respectively....

 Michael