[IPu] Re: Exercise

Thanks for that Anne,your experiences have been very helpful. I used to
do both aerobics & weights & incorporate a little bit of pilates & yoga
aswell. I really enjoy pilates as you do, as it does not seem to have
such a strong/sudden impact on lowering BSL's.

Ildiko Kerry
Laboratory Technician
School of Medical Sciences
RMIT
Bundoora Campus
Po Box 71
Bundoora 3083
Victoria Australia
Tel 99257348
Fax 94678589
email @ redacted

>>> email @ redacted 01/24/05 10:16 pm >>>
Hello,
I have been using a pump for a few years now and love many aspects of
it but
I still have  unexplainable highs that are frustrating. Changing
basals
more often along with correcting for slight highs has helped, so I
will
continue this method.
I'm not sure if you are doing weights or aerobics or both but for
aerobics I
usually have half the usual breakfast insulin, disconnect for half an
hour
to hour after that then do 40 minutes of aerobics (at home using tape).
Most
of the time this works well and levels are around 6-7 / 5-10 minutes
after.
Also I been doing just casual arm weights at home and havent found I
need to
do too much for them as its just five minutes now and then.
I also enjoy pilates and have found that it doesnt lower levels as much
as
aerobics so I only lower breakfast insulin by about a third and
disconnect
the same.
Hope this helps. Like most aspects of diabetes its a matter of trial
and
error and what works for you, then again what works one day doesnt
always
the next, thats the tricky part:)

Anne