Re: [IPu] update & more advise for site failure

Hi Vanessa,
Start with exactly the same dose / basals and bolus'.  Just watch carefully
to see if things need varying.  My total Insulin needs fell slightly with
Novo.  The usual YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) applies; some find big
reductions in Insulin (10 -20 %_ or that the Insulin Peak is slightly
different ... faster or slower.

For me it works great.  On Humalog I had site failures; red rashes and
lumps; terrible itching at the site.  In the last 2 weeks I used Humalog I
also had really bad stinging at the infusion site when I bolused. (Mostly
I've read reports of stinging at sites with children who were allergic to
Humalog.  As I said, I found a slight drop in Insulin needs over about the
first two weeks, but nothing major.

I have contacted Novo in Sydney today and asked for any research they can
provide about the cause of the allergic responses.  One of their Drs is to
get back to me in a day or so.  I'd just like to see any research available
about additives and / or the variation in the moecular structure of the
Analogs ....  As usual I'd just like to know why ......
Warm Regards,
Janette
PS.  I've also asked Michael if he has any reserach he could forward.
S'pose I should try Eli Lilly as well ......  some experience a reaction to
Novo but do well on Humalog
 <email @ redacted>