[IPu] Re: Exercise

Hello,
I have been using a pump for a few years now and love many aspects of it but
I still have  unexplainable highs that are frustrating. Changing basals
more often along with correcting for slight highs has helped, so I will
continue this method.
I'm not sure if you are doing weights or aerobics or both but for aerobics I
usually have half the usual breakfast insulin, disconnect for half an hour
to hour after that then do 40 minutes of aerobics (at home using tape). Most
of the time this works well and levels are around 6-7 / 5-10 minutes after.
Also I been doing just casual arm weights at home and havent found I need to
do too much for them as its just five minutes now and then.
I also enjoy pilates and have found that it doesnt lower levels as much as
aerobics so I only lower breakfast insulin by about a third and disconnect
the same.
Hope this helps. Like most aspects of diabetes its a matter of trial and
error and what works for you, then again what works one day doesnt always
the next, thats the tricky part:)

Anne