From: "Jorge Macias" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:55 AM
Subject: [IP] New Neuropathy Drug

I just completed a clinical trial for Neuropathy. It's the 3rd clinical
trial
I participated in and the first one that addresses healing rather then pain
blockers. As it was explained to me: When BG's are elevated your body
releases
an enzyme. This enzyme attacks the small nerve endings in you feet and
hands.
Over time the nerves get damaged and well you know the rest. This medication
blocks the production of this enzyme and gives your nerves time to heal
naturally. I was on this study for 3 years, 2-1/2 years before I got my
pump.
The last year was open label, so I knew  I didn't get a placebo. I noticed a
gradual improvement after about 4 months of taking the drug. By the end of
the
3 years my pain was 80 - 90 % gone. Now I am hoping that with the pump and
better control I can keep it away. This drug is by Lilly ( no name yet) and
is
in phase 3 of the trial process. About a year left for approval.  I really
think it helped me a lot and it addresses healing of the problem and not
just
blocking the pain.

Jorge