[IPu] RE: Needle-less insulin delivery

Dear Peri,

My family (with two Type I diabetes kids) trialled one many many years ago
(late 1980's).  It is an interesting idea, but there were a lot of problems.
  One was that the depth of penetration was difficult to get right, so we
had LOTS of bruises, and it was difficult to be sure that the dose given was
actually received (spray, drips, leakage, etc).  Personlly, I found that
needles were far less painful and unpredictable.

The main problem though was that the cleaning procedure was long, arduous,
and had to be extremely rigorously adhered to- not only for hygiene reasons,
but to ensure that the sprayer then worked appropriately.

I don't know anything about later developments, nor whether it has been
applied to other things.

:)
Sam Eastman