Re: [IPu] Do you count protines?

In my almost 25 years of pumping, I have never counted protein for carbs,
regardless of the amount of protein, simply because they release their carb
so slowly (about 4hrs). The improved blood sugars are probably because
eating protein with a higher GI carb (like white bread, white rice, pasta
and even fruits) cause the digestion of all the food to be slowed (so you
don't get the peaks common if you eat a high GI food alone, which requires
an immediate bolus).

A reduction in meal-time bolus (ie. only the bolus required for the carb)
with a very small increase in basal at mealtimes (for the 4 hour period)
should even things out a bit - although it may take some experimentation!

Test lots till it's figured out... I really hope this hasn't been too