Re: [IPu] Can Someone Explaiin the NZ Health System ??

Hi All,
But how does the rest of the Health system work ?  Do you have subsidised
medications ?
In AUS, we have approved drugs on the National Health Sysytem (like most
Insulins/Oral Diabetes Meds/ 'Blood Pressure and Cholesterol meds  etc),
that are subsidised by the Govt /Taxpayer.  So we pay $28 for a script for
something
subsidied (not it's real cost).  Do you have an equivalent ?

What is Pharmac's role ?

How does the Hospital system operate ?

If you get sick and require hospitalisation, who determines who pays / what
they pay / what if you can't pay ?

Janette