[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]   Help@Insulin-Pumpers.org
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]   for subscribe/unsubscribe assistance
 
 

Re: [IPu] Fw: [IP] The "Little Company Who Could" gets a Powerful Partner



Hi Chris - can you advise date location and time of the Expo in Paraparumu
Thanks
Jo
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris Precey" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [IPu] Fw: [IP] The "Little Company Who Could" gets a Powerful 
Partner


> Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
> During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
> by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
> $1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
> serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:
>
>    http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
>
> Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
>
> Justin
>
> There is going to be a Diabetes Expo in Paraparaumu next month and the
> Wellington area territory manager for Smiths Medical will be there with 
> the
> Cozmo, so I intend finding out more for my own curiosity. I know the
> territory manager quite well. All four pump distributors in NZ will be at
> the Expo.
>
> Chris
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Justin Walker" <email @ redacted>
> To: <email @ redacted>
> Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:48 PM
> Subject: RE: [IPu] Fw: [IP] The "Little Company Who Could" gets a Powerful
> Partner
>
>
>> Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
>> During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
>> by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
>> $1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
>> serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:
>>
>>     http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
>>
>> Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
>>
>> Chris -
>>
>> I also started using the IR1200 in December last year - I very nearly
>> was ready to purchase when I took a quick look at the Cozmo.  The cozmo
>> (Smiths Medical in Auckland sell it) is by far the best pump I've ever
>> seen.  It has all the feature you've seen on the IR1200/IR1250 plus
>> more! - and its available now! - also cheaper than the IR1200 by quite a
>> lot.
>> The only small inconvenience is that the battery is only a AAA not AA
>> and therefore doesn't last nearly as long - but who really cares anyway
>> - we change sites 4-6 times as frequently as we need to change the
>> battery and we also refill the insulin a lot more often also.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Justin
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
>> On Behalf Of Chris Precey
>> Sent: Thursday, 24 February 2005 4:44 p.m.
>> To: email @ redacted
>> Subject: Re: [IPu] Fw: [IP] The "Little Company Who Could" gets a
>> Powerful Partner
>>
>>
>> Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
>> During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
>> by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
>> $1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
>> serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:
>>
>>     http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
>>
>> Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
>>
>> Hi Janette
>>
>> The IR1200 has the insulin onboard feature - I started using a 1200 on 2
>> December last year, and have not changed the battery yet! The 1200 has a
>> battery symbol in the display which indicates that mine is starting to
>> get close to running out. Everything that has been said on the list
>> leads me to believe that the 1200 is probably the best pump available in
>> NZ (I am certainly very pleased that I upgraded from the IR1000 to the
>> IR1200).
>>
>> Chris
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Janette Dunn" <email @ redacted>
>> To: <email @ redacted>
>> Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:48 PM
>> Subject: Re: [IPu] Fw: [IP] The "Little Company Who Could" gets a
>> Powerful Partner
>>
>>
>> > Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
>> > During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part by
>>
>> > making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1
>> > or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
>> > serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:
>> >
>> >     http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
>> >
>> > Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
>> >
>> > Hi Chris,
>> > Thanks for that .... so now all I want for the 1250 plus model is a
>> > 300u cartridge ... cause if I can get a week before changing the
>> > cartridge and 8 weeks before
>> a
>> > battery change.
>> > I can forget about it.  OK, "insulin onboard features" ...  would be
>> > nice too ! Warm regards,
>> > Janette
>> > ----- Original Message ----- 
>> > From: "Chris Precey" <email @ redacted>
>> > To: <email @ redacted>
>> > Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 1:33 PM
>> > Subject: Re: [IPu] Fw: [IP] The "Little Company Who Could" gets a
>> Powerful
>> > Partner
>> >
>> >
>> > >I also live 24/7 with the same company - I have been given the
>> > >following  information about the IR1250
>> > >
>> > > quote
>> > > We have been advised that aesthetically the 1250 looks exactly the
>> > > same
>> as
>> > > the 1200 and that the improvements which have been made to the
>> > > software relate only to the U.S.food database and the US version of
>> > > ezManager.
>> The
>> > > IR1250 will never get to be distributed out of the U.S. however the
>> > > most popular features will be incorporated in the next international
>>
>> > > release which will not take place until 2006.
>> > >
>> > > For your information the new features include:
>> > >
>> > > 7       User can set up to 6 Insulin to Carb (I:C) ratios
>> > >
>> > > o       12am, 4am, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm
>> > >
>> > > 7       User can set up to 6 Insulin Sensitivity Factors (ISF's)
>> > >
>> > > o       12am, 4am, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm
>> > >
>> > > 7       User can set up to 12 BG Target Ranges
>> > >
>> > > o       12am, 2am, 4am, 6am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm,
>> 10pm
>> > >
>> > > 7       Sick Day Guidelines
>> > >
>> > > o       Use ezM+ to upload key points to remember during illness
>> > >
>> > > 7       Personal Information
>> > >
>> > > o       Use ezM+ to name your pump or store important phone numbers
>> > >
>> > > 7       Customize most Pump Sounds
>> > >
>> > > o       Use ezM+ and Custom Composer to upload a tune to play for
>> the
>> > > first
>> > > audible notification of most Alerts, Warnings and Alarms (if initial
>>
>> > > notification is not confirmed, pump reverts to standard safety
>> > > progression)
>> > >
>> > > 7       Store a Food Database on your pump
>> > >
>> > > o       Use ezM+ to create and upload up to 500 food items
>> > > o       Enter up to 9 items from a meal - the pump will total the
>> meal
>> > > carbs
>> > > and calculate the bolus dose
>> > > o       Create your own favorites
>> > >
>> > > 7       BG Reminder "on the go"
>> > >
>> > > o       Allows user to change or opt not to set a BG Reminder after
>> a
>> > > bolus
>> > >
>> > > 7       OK button replaces "Enter" symbol on pump keypad
>> > > 7       Customize Basal Program Names
>> > >
>> > > o       Use ezM+ to name your basal programs
>> > >
>> > > 7       Use your PC to set up your pump
>> > >
>> > > 7                           Use ezM+ to upload basal rates and
>> personal
>> > > settings
>> > >
>> > > unquote
>> > >
>> > > Chris
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
> help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml 
----------------------------------------------------------
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml