[IPu] Site failures.

After pumping for just under a year I look back and think when it's going
well it's going very well but when it's bad it's really bad.  I've had
diabetes for 36 years and want to know why I keep having so many site
failures.  One minute 6.whatever and three hours later I'm up around the
20 thing!!!!  I can't use flexible cannulars because I'm allergic to the
plastic so rapid D are my only option.  The problem is I have very tight
hard skin and tight muscles due to less than perfect control as a
teenager [so they say] hence I can't insert the needle anywhere where
there is lean muscle because it tears, bleeds and stops absorbing
insulin.  Is it the humolog?  My HBA1C is almost worse now than when I
was on injections!!!!!!  Any suggestions.  P.S  My basal rates are
perfect.  I've tested every hour to check! Shona.