[IPu] Fw: [IPp] High Numbers after breakfast

From: "Jeff and Colleen" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 4:16 AM
Subject: RE: [IPp] High Numbers after breakfast

I know it's frustrating.  Breakfast is the hardest meal to cover.  Many
diabetics (me included) have a much higher insulin-to-carb ratio for
breakfast to combat insulin resistance in the morning.  Even with my correct
ratio, I'll spike.  I solve this myself by eating protein with my carb and
overbolusing, then having a snack a couple of hours later so I don't go low.
If he's eating 80 carbs, I don't know that you can get around having a spike
afterwards.  Would he go for a smaller breakfast and a snack an hour or two
later, maybe?

 Hmm, ideas for protein...peanut butter, cheese, light yogurt (yuck, I
know).

 Take care and good luck,

 Colleen
Type 1 since 1974, pumping since 1999
Mom to Will, 12 mos, diagnosed last week, soon to be pumping an IR1200