[IPu] Fw: [IP] exercise

----- Original Message -----
From: "RoseLea" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] exercise

 At 10:12 AM 2/14/2005, Linda K wrote:
Yes, my Bgs go up with exercise or busy day.
Insulin resistancepossibly the cause?  Exercise making the body more
efficient?
Unfortunately, it does not always work that way tho'.  Exerise can bring
on a low too.  Testing a must before, during & after, or else every 2
hr.  Linda K

 I am one of the people who goes very low, very easily with exercise.  I
 underbolus for the meal before exercise and start out with a higher
 bg.  When I'm finished, I'm usually right on target.  I do not change my
 basals though, since I underbolus.  Just another YMMV issue and I agree
 with you, it's important to test for exercise, just to see how it affects
you.

 RoseLea