[IPu] Fw: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #716 EXERCISE

More on exercise ...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Culpepper" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:59 AM
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #716 EXERCISE

I  believe it makes a difference what type of exercise it is.  Anaerobic
exercise does not deplete the muscle's glycogen, aerobic exercise does.  For
me with anaerobic exercise I need to eat a fairly constant stream of carbs
that I do not bolus for.  With aerobic exercise, between 18-24 hours after
the exercise, my body will begin to replace the glycogen I depleted, and my
carb:insulin ratio will change significantly.