From: "Patrick Hatcher" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 1:43 AM
Subject: [IP] Upgrading to MM 715 from the MM 712

 Steve,

 There's a lot of hoopla over software and online reports, etc., but the
 best three things that the 715 has over the 712 are as follows (in my book,
 anyway):

 1.  Insulin sensitivity.  You can set your own sensitivity with the
 715.  It defaults to 6 hours, but you can move that down or up, as needed,
 for better control.  I personally moved my down a bit and have had better
 control since then.

 2.  Icons on the main window.  I'm a planner.  So, having icons that show
 battery levels and insulin levels (left) help me quite a bit.

 3.  Backlight.  On the 712, the backlight only worked on some screens
 (because you need the down arrow to do certain things on those
 windows).  Now you can make the backlight come on from ANY screen using a
 slightly different button combination.  This helps me quite a bit since I
 do a lot of activities outdoors.

 I personally would pay the $200 for these features.  As for the hassle . .
 I didn't experience any hassle.  Just had to follow the upgrade program .
 fairly simple.

 That's my take on it.  Hope it helps.

-Patrick