Re: [IPu] Pumping - help

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Reed"
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [IPu] Pumping - help

> Doris,
> I fully understand your concerns and also have run into the same brick
walls
> you have.  How our last health minister could not see the benefits which
the
> Health Budget would get from adopting the use of the Insulin Pump which is
> undoubtable THE WORLDS BEST PRACTICE I fail to understand.  It would
> certainly would save the country millions of Dollars in health charges
every
> year.  That is why I pushed to get the local branch formed in the hope
that
> we may as a group help to get action taken.  First though we must help
> individuals overcome the resistance to the introduction and use of the
pump
> and help with quick responses when someone runs into problems.
> At last years NSW ADA AGM I  did raise the question why the syringes used
in
> pumps were the only ones not covered by the NDSS scheme and appeared to
have
> the support of the National and NSW President.  Infusion sets were also
> raised but it doesn't appear to have been successful, but we must keep on
> trying.  Unfortunately I will not be able to get to this years AGM.
> Alan Reed.

Hi
I like to leave (at least) part of the previous message in a reply, just in
case anyone has missed/lost a  message, it makes it easier to understsand
the thread..

Infussion sets are the main cost and once the pressure of the financial
burden of pump use is removed it will then be the perfect devise for good
management.
Will this ever be likely Alan?

Anne
Type one, 11 years