Re: [IPu] Pumping - help

I fully understand your concerns and also have run into the same brick walls
you have.  How our last health minister could not see the benefits which the
Health Budget would get from adopting the use of the Insulin Pump which is
undoubtable THE WORLDS BEST PRACTICE I fail to understand.  It would
certainly would save the country millions of Dollars in health charges every
year.  That is why I pushed to get the local branch formed in the hope that
we may as a group help to get action taken.  First though we must help
individuals overcome the resistance to the introduction and use of the pump
and help with quick responses when someone runs into problems.
At last years NSW ADA AGM I  did raise the question why the syringes used in
pumps were the only ones not covered by the NDSS scheme and appeared to have
the support of the National and NSW President.  Infusion sets were also
raised but it doesn't appear to have been successful, but we must keep on
trying.  Unfortunately I will not be able to get to this years AGM.
Alan Reed.