[IPu] Hi

Thanks for forwarding the emails re AUS. Insulin pumps.  I thought I'd
done something wrong in my registration as I hadn't heard from the
group.  Do you all correspond regularly or just to mention various
problems/questions.  I've been reading the UK site, and thoroughly
enjoyed it.  Just to see how other people are dealing with the pump
situation and to find that you'd not alone in your queries or hic-ups
that occur.

Regards Heather

>From: "Alan Reed" >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To: "likuid"
>CC: >Subject: [IPu] Re: Welcome to IP-AUS >Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002
15:00:50 +1100 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from
forum >members and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation
>of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can
>continue to serve you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Rob, >99.99 % who try out
a pump after using normal injections refuse to return it >at the end of
the trial. Only those who cannot find the money to pay for it >do as it
gives so much better control and a complete new feeling of freedom. >No
longer do they have to eat according to the clock, you can sleep to
>midday, have lunch at 5.00pm and forget completely about dinner and/or
>supper. >For contact sports you may have to disconnect but I am sure
looking into the >web site information bank will give you an excellent
in-sight to other's >experience. >A useful book to get is 'Pumping
Insulin Volume 3' which is available from >either Diabetes Australia the
NSW has copies or Amazon in the USA. >Alan Reed. Administrator > > Hi
there, sorry if things were a little unclear. I am not currently > >
using a pump, but am seriously considering starting. I have been > >
diabetic for a while - I think that's what caused the confusion. > > > >
I just moved to Australia from Canada and have an apartment in Sydney. >
> My work currently has me working in Brisbane during the week and home >
> on weekends. > > > > Currently I inject 4 times a day as needed and am
wondering about > > having permanently attached. How does the pump
interact with contact > > sports? is it better to "temporarily
disconnect" during these events? > > > > The point at which the tube
enters the body - is this a sensitive > > spot? ie, does movement of the
tube cause pain/discomfort? > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > Rob